1. Describe an experience you hurt one of you friend unintentionally.Well, I went to the US for high school, and when I first went there, I was like,
overwhelmed by tons of school work, presentations, projects, and stuff. Unexpected pressure fell all down on my thin shoulders. However, my close friend Zhangjing texted me saying that she wanted to visit me around Christmas. To be honest I was frustrated at that time, so I told her I won’t have time to keep her company all the time. I felt that she was disappointed at me because she didn’t contact me for like, a whole year. I felt so sorry for that and I still do.
2. Parents should teach their kids to learn how to manage money, and do you think what the most important thing is for it, and explain why it's important.I think it’s very important. Children’s attitudes and values about money are influenced by how their parents spend, borrow, save, share and invest. For example,if parents consistently spend money before it is earned, it will be difficult for them to teach their children about limited resources and the benefits of budgeting their finances. Conversely, if they save every cent, except what is needed for bare essentials, their children may never learn that money is meant to make one’s life more enjoyable as opposed to just financially secure.
3. Nowadays, "quiet cars" can be found on trains, in which people are forbidden to use their cell phones, computers, or talk loudly. What is your opinion about this policy?
I suppose it isn’t a good idea to set up quiet cars. There are two reasons. First, it is difficult for people on trains to keep quiet. A running train can make lots of noises itself. Also, sometimes staff on the train will walk pass the passage and ask people
whether or not they will buy drinks. Second, it is also difficult to decide how many quiet cars will be set up on a train. Sometimes people will need to be quiet, but sometimes they would be more willing to chat with others. Thus makes this proposal hard to come true.
4. What kind of music do you like the least?
Give reasons why you do not like this kind of music.I like rock and roll the least of all kinds of music. Rock music is too noisy to let you appreciate it well. Take this experience as an example, once I went to a rock concert given by a famous singer. Through the concert, the instruments were so loud, they basically covered the sound of the singer. I ended up lost in the mix of sound instead of enjoying the singer’s voice and lyrics. Not an enjoyable experience. Second, the music that I like most is soft music. It soothes me. Rock n Roll is like the opposite so I don’t like it.
5. Which of the following areas of current events do you most like to read?
1. Politics; 2. Sports; 3. Arts and films I will choose arts and films. For starters, I am a big fan of art and films; Reading
about the art and film news can help to cultivate my arts temperament and improve my art taste; Second, I need to learn about the freshest comments and watch the exciting trailers to pick the movies or plays that are really worth my soul and money,since I am frequent theater/ cinema-goer; Third, I can get news even gossips about movie stars, which is pretty interesting since it must be full of sensational news about their life no matter in work or private life.
6. Which of the following library volunteer would you want to choose to do?
Helping people find the right material, read to kids, or keeping bookshelf organized.As for me, I guess I will choose to read to kids. When I was younger, I really loved reading fairy tales. Every night, I would beg my mom to read bedtime stories for me. It was the warmest moment of the day. So I really want to share the happiness of reading with other kids. Besides, I think this work will benefit me from the long run. When I build a family, I will have my own children. Without any experience,it could be challenging, since I don’t know how to get along with kids. But reading to kids can provide me an opportunity to know them.
7. University students encounter many difficult challenges in their studies. Which challenge do you think is the most difficult one and how do you deal with it?
One of the biggest challenges for students in university is having little time to do physical exercise. Because of the fierce peer competition, we all study hard in order not to be eliminated from the society. With tons of school assignments, tasks, projects and stuff, most of us don’t really go to the gym that often. However, I insist that we should do exercise regularly, like every weekends I would go to the oncampus swimming pool to have a few laps nonstop, which will help ease my nervesand release my pressure. Believe me you will find it relaxing afterwards.
8. A skill you have already learned and want to improve. Describe what youwould do to improve the skill.
I’d like to talk about English. There are some reasons for my like. Firstly, it’s a necessary skill in the progress of globalization. On the one hand, good jobs nowadays require a knowledge of English. Take my brother for example, he worksin a bank and all the emails are written in English. On the other hand, when we’re traveling abroad, English secures daily communication with locals. Moreover, it’s an easy access to new friends. Take my best friend Tim for example, we met in the English club, and as we share the same interest, we soon became good friends.